Women's Month

I am an NRI, translated into: no-real Indian.  I follow Indian cinema in my quest to find only one million original films before humanity as we know it disappears.  I will use the term Indian cinema sparingly because I only have access to Hindi films, not Malayalam, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Nepali, Khasi, Dogri, Garo and other languages.

There are countries that celebrate ‘National Women’s Month’ which is ironic because life is about women.  No women, no life bas!  I recently came across one of my life’s greatest possession when I was cleaning up my DVD library.  It was Jodhaa Akbar, a historical story told with amazing visuals.  The story is set in India.  The director is Ashutosh Gowariker.  The producer is UTV’s Ronnie Screwvala.  The film stars are Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan.

If you understand the role Cleopatra played in Egypt’s history, you ought to get a copy of Jodhaa Akbar.  You will not only understand the whole Taj Mahal love story, but Muslim and Hindi dynamics as well.

Nonqaba waka Msimang is the author of Sweetness The Novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners