Zulu 31 - Mine Mine Mine

His child.
Pic: Nonqaba waka Msimang
Possessive noun
People say the strangest things like my man, my woman.  The only thing that is constant is myself.
What is theft?  Stealing somebody’s property I suppose.  Let’s see who owns what.
ZULU
ENGLISH
Yami.
Mine.
Intombi yami.
My girlfriend.
Indoda yami.
My man.
Yakho.
Yours.
Yabo.
Theirs.
Wabo.
Theirs.
Yenu.
Yours. (many people).
Enu.
Yours. (many people).
Zenu.
Yours. (many people).
Wenu.
Yours. (many people)
Yethu.
Ours.

SAMPLE CONVERSATION

MOTHER:  Ingane yami. (My child)

FATHER:  I-cellphone yakho. (Your cellphone)

MAGISTRATE:  Indawo yabo. (It’s their land/property)

NURSE:  Umsindo wabo. (Their noise)

TEACHER:  Imikhuba yenu. (It’s your bad habits)

POLICE:  Amagama enu. (Your names)

NEIGHBOUR:  Izimoto zenu. (Your cars)

PRIEST:  Umculo wenu. (Your music)

FAMILY:  Umakoti wethu. (Our daughter-in-law)

Exercise:  Substitute child, cellphone, etc. with your own items.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Internet Manners