Cellphones Fodder For Silent Movies


The silent film era is part of the course content in most film schools.
  There was no dialogue, just good acting that made people laugh or cry. Think about the Mr. Bean television series in the U.K. which was sold to other television stations world wide.

The silent film has been resurrected, thanks to the cellphone which enables lovers not to talk to each other. Text messages are the new messiah for talking to friends and relatives.

Are you done shaving?

Go and warm the car.         

I’m taking the dog out for a walk.

The twins are graduating from college this fall.

Can my mum join us for dinner?

Dinner ready. Can you come down from your study?

The game is about to start.  Are you coming?

I got a promotion today.

I was fired today.

I’m moving to Yellowknife.

What about us?

There’s no us.

Goodbye.  I’ll come back later for my things.

We need to talk.
We never talked for two years.
This is reality.  It is all normal.  In fact, priests and rabbi are no longer needed.  Just text your intention to marry the other person.  I DO.  That’s it.

Food bonding can also lead to obesity with all members of the family eating, texting and scrolling down their phones. 

Incredible silent movies to be made!
By:  Nonqaba waka Msimang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts