I.D. Photos


I.D. photos are counterproductive because they do not identify the person holding the passport, driver’s licence, student card, access card for the building where you work, or provincial I.D. card.


Why not?  Because we are not allowed to smile when we stand against the wall and those one dimensional things they call cameras go, click.   

That is why airport officials or bank tellers look at us, back to the photo, and us again.  I don’t blame them.

Last year, a government official literally said ‘no smiling’ when I posed for the provincial I.D. photo.  He said, it affects the photo’s result.

You bet.  I.D. photos give the wrong impression that they are mug shots taken at the state pen (prison).  Come to think of it, I.D. photos should be called misidentification, period.

We should also take off our hats. Now please!  Do you know what is under those hats in countries with five solid months of bitter cold?

I don’t mean to mess up your day but just spread your pieces of I.D. on the table.  Which ones look like you, the real you?  You don’t look that bad, even when you wake up.

I.D. photos make a mockery of freedom, freedom to represent ourselves truthfully to the world.  We normally smile if we have a roof over our heads, the rent or mortgage is paid, some money to buy food and somewhere to go.

I.D. photos make us look like we are mad at the boss, bed bugs, taxman or all of the above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elections And Political Bullies

Comfort Food As Regret Food

Organic Brussels Sprouts